Top- earning bartenders need to be knowledgeable! Preparing popular and traditional cocktails is only the tip of the iceberg.
Bartenders need to be familiar with alcohol laws, name brand products, house rules, as well as computer systems all while maintaining a clean environment filled with happy guests.
Learning how to keep it all together is easier that you think! Our structured curriculum is taught by Industry experts and will teach you everything you need to know to land a great job as a bartender- right out of class!
You will spend most of you class time behind the bar making drinks, using the computer systems, role playing and increasing your speed through our simulated happy hour exercises. Our class outline includes but is not limited to the following:
- Accurate jigger pouring
- Competition free-pouring
- POS system training
- Alcohol classifications and their sub-groups
- Glassware rules and building techniques
- Garnish and shake rules
- Flavor enhancers vs. mixers
- Drinks served on the rocks
- Shooters and shots
- Multi-liquor drinks
- Drinks served straight up
- Frozen drinks
- Basic wine knowledge and serving techniques
- Beer handling, rotation and service
- Sanitation and the “beer-clean” glass
- Up selling techniques
- Responsible alcohol service
- State liquor laws
- Customer Service skills, tips and techniques
- Speed trials
- Resume building
- Interview skills specific to the bar industry
- Brand knowledge
Classes are 40 hours in length and are offered on a weekly basis either full day, afternoon, evening or weekends. We also offer additional online material to extend your beer and wine knowledge.
Call 717-236-1493 for a full overview of our curriculum, job placement and current job opportunities.